Online / Mobile
meteomedia offers you an extensive range of online solutions tailored to your needs. Both business and private customers profit from the comprehensive, round-the-clock, up-to-date weather data for various application areas. Please contact us at the following address if you have any questions or for an non-binding quote: sales(at)mminternational.com
- Weather for websites
- Internet presence / Online advertisement
- meteosphere for smartphones
- Weather Development Kit
- Weather Cockpit
- Weather Shop
Weather for websites
meteomedia offers you comprehensive weather services for your websites.
- Weather Box for websites (the existing Weather Box content can be found here)
- Graphic display of a detailed application with the weather in table form
- Animated charts, diagrams and films for countries and regions
- Accurate severe weather warnings before storms/hurricanes, thunderstorms, hail, heavy precipitation, freezing rain, heavy snow, extreme temperatures and slippery road surfaces for countries and regions
Your benefits at a glance
- Up-to-date weather information for your target group
- Weather data and forecasts - available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Clear, user-friendly display
- The content and scope of the service can be chosen freely and defined in conjunction with us
Contact us - we will be happy to provide you an individual and unbinding quote.
Internet presence / Online advertisement
meteomedia provides up-to-date weather data and local weathe rforecasts on various websites. Website visitors also have the opportunity to access high-resolution weather radar images, up-to-date and reliable information on storms/hurricanes, heavy rain, heavy snow, thunderstorms, freezing rain, extreme temperatures and slippery road surfaces. The range of options is rounded off by lots of useful information about the weather. Please find below our most important websites:
Our strong online presence is regularly used by a broad target group: approximately 40 million Page Impressions per month only on the three biggest websites – these figures speak for itself!
Are you interested in advertising on our websites? In the factsheet „Online advertisement" you will find all relevant data and information.
meteosphere for smartphones
With meteosphere, meteomedia is offering an innovative app that allows users to experience the weather in a totally new way. It offers comprehensive global weather forecasts as high-resolution animation films!
- Weather (cloud, lightning, current day/night-time conditions)
- Temperature/Wind (Premium Version)
- Snow/Precipitation (Premium Version)
- Jetstream (Premium Version)
- Forecast films for up to 48 hours in advance
- Accurate weather forecasts for cities of your choice
- Highest model resolution available on the market with more than 14 billion model points per film
- Additional display of country borders, individually added cities, current position and the earth's gridlines
- The auto-rotate function sets the globe spinning at a constant speed
Apple customers in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Spain, Great Britain and the USA can now purchase volume licences for companies in the App Store. Using this program it is very easy to sell and distribute meteosphere for your business needs - whether it is to 20 or 20,000 persons.
For Android and Apple users outside the aforementioned countries, we can offer a discount for the Premium licence, the Basic version must be purchased at the regular price.
This offer is aimed at companies that wish to make the app available to their employees or customers, e.g. as gifts or giveaways. You must purchase a minimum of 20 12-month premium account licences for meteosphere. With this deal, companies benefit from an attractive discount on the regular price in the App Store; they also have the option of integrating their logo into the app. You can find more information on volume licences for companies in the App Store and information on registering here.
You can find extensive information and a video about meteosphere on our website: www.meteosphere.com.
Weather Development Kit
The meteomedia Weather Development Kit is a unique API for easy access to one of the largest databases of up-to-date weather forecasts and weather station measurements in the world.
The data provides exceptionally high geographical and temporal reliability and precision. The unique quality of this high-resolution weather data and the easy access via the meteomedia Weather Development Kit opens up many completely new opportunities for weather-based apps - far beyond what is offered by classic forecasting. It has never been easier to incorporate weather as an additional app value - even into existing apps.
Services and functionality
- Easy access to worldwide weather data
- Up-to-date measurements and forecasts for the current day and 3 days in advance in 3-hour resolution for the following parameters: Min./Max Temperature, Weather Situation (sunny, cloudy, etc.), Wind Speed and Direction, Gusts, Humidity and Precipitation
- Extensive symbol sets available
- Data structure modelling in native classes
- Extensive installable and searchable documentation
- API and annotated example apps for iOS and Android
Weather on your app in just 3 steps
Register for an API key. You can use the API key free of charge for a week:
Please choose one of our bundles for continuous data feed and an appropriate API key:
|1) Small Bundle||2) Medium Bundle||3) Large Bundle|
| || || |
Also more than 100,000 data requests per month as well as the integration of severe warnings in your app is possible. Then contact us - we will be happy to provide you an individual quote.
(*1) meteomedia will send you an email advising you to change to the next bundle up when you reach 2,000 requests per month (for the Small Bundle) and when you reach 20,000 requests per month (for the Medium Bundle). In the Large Bundle meteomedia will send you an email when you reach 90,000 requests per month advising you that the conditions will be renegotiated when you reach 100,000 requests per month.
The meteomedia Weather Development Kit has been developed by meteomedia in cooperation with Explicatis GmbH, Cologne.
With the Weather Cockpit, meteomedia has placed a product on the market that offers a tool for weather planning and risk management in the B2B sector.
It is a portal that has a modular structure and the desktop can be flexibly adapted according to your individual preferences. meteomedia has already developed over 100 applications, e.g. snow clearing and gritting operations, weather traffic lights and 15-day trends. The portal allows easy, user-friendly display of the weather situation with reference to a particular task or activity at a particular location. The users are thus informed in detailed of the current and expected weather situation and can make appropriate decisions based on the weather.
- Planning and risk management tool
- Modular construction displayed in the form of widgets for individually relevant weather information
- The desktop can be flexibly adapted and expanded to include additional weather information according to your individual preferences
- The standard settings are discussed and determined with the customer
Your benefits at a glance
- Improved staff planning via company
- Optimised daily routine planning
- Improved accuracy in procurement planning for products such as foodstuffs
- Preventative measures for tourists, employees and infrastructure in the event of impending severe weather
- Cost savings and consequent environmentally friendly and economically sound processes
Since autumn 2011, meteomedia has offered commercial and private customers in Germany and Switzerland the opportunity to purchase meteorological products from the Weather Shop.
- Historical measurement data from selected weather stations and weather parameters (available from 1 January 2008)
- Data in daily and hourly resolution
- Data delivery via email and for download in CSV format
Your benefits at a glance
- Quick and convenient access to weather data
- Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- No processing fees